Today we are introducing a new monthly feature that will aim to offer dog owners information that hopefully will be useful – from food choices to health issues and ways to have fun with your pups!!
So, without further ado,
10 People Foods You Can Share With Your Dog
1. Apples – a great source of Vitamins A & C, as well as fiber. Crunchy and sweet but don’t let her eat the core as the seeds can be problematic.
2. Cheese – eaten in small quantities, cheese is a great treat or snack. High in fat so try low fat cheeses like cottage or mozzarella.
3. Brussels Sprouts – served steamed or boiled, this cruciferous vegetables are packed with vitamins and nutrients. Though very healthy, be advised that they can cause flatulence of the room clearing kind!
4. Honey – safe for dogs in small quantities though the high sugar content means they should not have much as it can lead to obesity and tooth decay.
5. Coconut Oil – has tons of health benefits for your dog, including gastrointestinal, skin and coat, immune system, and joint and bone benefits. Plus your dog will love the taste!
6. Zucchini – Raw or cooked, zucchini is safe to eat for dogs. Plus, it contains a lot of vitamins, fiber, and minerals, and is low calorie, making it an excellent treat choice for overweight dogs.
7. Peas – a good source of Vitamin B and like by many dogs. Add them fresh or frozen to your dog’s dinner.
8. Asparagus – is non-toxic to dogs and safe to share, ideally cooked, with your dog. Keep in mind, however, that as in humans, it can make urine smell a bit unpleasant after consuming.
9. Cucumber – low-cal and crunchy, perfectly safe for your dog.
10. – Strawberries – a healthy, sweet treat you can share with your dog, as are bananas, watermelon, blueberries and cantaloupe!